Saturday, January 17, 2009

MISS.I-KNOW-HOW-TO-DRIVE's FIRST DAY OUT

I got my four-wheeler licence about 6 months ago by pure dumb luck.Neither did I know how to drive properly and nor did I have the confidence.My driving instructor just wanted to get rid of me so badly that she put me for the test way before i learned to drive properly.And the driving inspector just wanted to end the test some how and go get medicine for his headache that he just scribbled 'pass' in my form even after i crash landed the car.Then it was our driver who took the task into hands and decided to teach me.After 6 months of training I got the courage to take my car out to college by myself.
Things were going so great.I went to college, took my friends for a spin and came back.one of my friends went home and sent a text praising me on how much I've improved.And i was feeling so full of pride..
'Thank you Thank you..why you are so kind!Yes, i do drive pretty well, don't I?Right from my childhood I knew I was destined for a life on wheels..'....BANG..
yup..I was so busy feeling full of myself that i didnt notice a stupid auto driver overtaking me on my leftside.I know..You aren't supposed to overtake on the leftside..IDIOT..and ofcourse i was supposed to pay attention also..anyway the traffic police instructed me to pull over and deal with the autoriksha guy.
My heart was beating at 80kmph..
I parked and got out.From the guys face I got it that he was gona make it a big deal and try and get money from me.The minute he started talking I started to yell at him..I was screaming how he broke the traffic rule by overtaking on the left(which was my only point to drive) and how he has cost a fortune for me cause the left side of my car is totally ruined(which had a couple of scratches).His face slowly changed in awe because of the speed at which I as talking..And after a couple of minutes of staring at me, he decided to leave..
Man..was that a scary few minutes..I have no idea how I drove the rest of the way home.So ppl..Don't get too worked up when ppl say you are good at some thing.

1 comment:

Hari said...

Wowowow!! That's some driving escapade! :-)

Your talking skills helped you wriggle the way out, eh? Great. :D Way to go!

The post had me chuckling all the while. Deja vu! :P But yeah, I haven't hit anyone yet! :P